Appointed by, and reporting to, the Department Head (or designate) and in collaboration with the D&I Programme, the Diversity & Inclusion Officer acts as the departmental focal point for diversity and inclusion matters.
In particular, the Diversity & Inclusion Officer facilitates and reports on the implementation and progress of the departmental “25 by ‘25” Fitness Plan.
Current DIO for each department
|Diversity & Inclusion Officer
|Beams | BE
|Odd Oyvind Andreassen | Edda Gschwendtner
|Engineering | EN
|Anna Suwalska | David Widegren
|Experimental Physics | EP
|Finance & Administrative Processes | FAP
|Laura Gina Dalla Palma | Fabio Lunardi
|Human Resources | HR
|Priscilla Marinho Valavicius
|Health, Safety and Environment | HSE
|Industry, Procurement and Knowledge Transfer | IPT
|Sabrina El Yacoubi
|International Relations | IR
|Jeff Wiener | Zornitsa Zaharieva
|Information Technology | IT
|Marina Banjac | Catharine Noble | Dominique Norz
|Site and Civil Engineering | SCE
|Accelerator Systems | SY
|Maria Elena Angoletta
|Technology | TE
|Theoretical Physics | TH
Roles and responsibilities
- In collaboration with the Departmental Planning Officer, DIO to ensure the department’s nationality and gender dashboards are up-to-date and accessible, strongly encouraging departmental supervisors to consult these dashboards prior to commencing a recruitment process.
- DIO to present D&I-related updates to the management board, biannually.
- DIO to serve as a communications channel to and from the D&I Programme:
- In collaboration with the Departmental Training Officer, promote D&I-related learning offers and remind departmental personnel of well-being related benefits, such as flexible work arrangements;
- Consult diverse personnel to gather insights on how to progress on D&I within the department;
- Facilitate sharing of D&I-related ideas / challenges / feedback between the Department Head, management board and the D&I Programme.
- DIO to attend DIO Network meetings chaired by the D&I Programme.
The initial duration from appointment is 2 years, renewable for a maximum total duration of 5 years.
DIO does not handle individual cases or complaints on diversity or inclusion-related grounds. The DIO may refer any individual concerned with such a matter to the department’s Human Resources Adviser.