Following the great success of Specta(c)tor’s Theatre Forum “Coffee Machine” we hosted at the Globe in February, we have now added this unique learning event to the CERN Learning Catalogue!
Whether you missed it or wish to re-experience the event with new cast members, sign up now before registration closes.
We invite you to spread the word and reach out to at least one new colleague. Use the description & registration link below and let us build the raising awareness momentum on this important topic.
What: “Coffee Machine : Who Rinses the Cups?”
Responding to Gender-based Discrimination at Work
When: Monday 13 November 2023 at from 10h to 12h (+ 30mins optional discussion)
Where: in-person, CERN Training Centre 593-R-010
How: Register your training spot in the Learning Portal before 13th October
Learn how to:
- Recognise gender-based discrimination in interpersonal workplace relationships
- Understand how you can personally intervene to diffuse a situation of discrimination at work
- Analyse the systemic challenges of certain workplace dynamics
An original learning approach performed as a short theatre piece, in which you will:
- Closely observe the behaviour of local actors playing out a hypothetical scene in a science research laboratory
- Challenge your bias and/or assumptions about how gender, seniority, and team dynamics can impact productivity and well-being at work
- Deepen your understanding of how to recognise and intervene in the face of overt and subtle forms of gender-based bias and discrimination
- Experience the challenges and the benefits of being an Active Bystander
NOTE: This theatre pieces contains a voluntary improvisation component. Time permitting, participants may choose to intervene on stage to act out an alternative approach to the behaviour observed.
A French version will be held in early 2024