Responding to Gender-based Discrimination at Work
When: Monday 13 November 2023 at from 10h to 12h (+ 30mins optional discussion)
Where: in-person, CERN Training Centre 593-R-010
How: Register your training spot in the Learning Portal before 13th October
Learn how to:
- Recognise gender-based discrimination in interpersonal workplace relationships
- Understand how you can personally intervene to diffuse a situation of discrimination at work
- Analyse the systemic challenges of certain workplace dynamics
An original learning approach performed as a short theatre piece, in which you will:
- Closely observe the behaviour of local actors playing out a hypothetical scene in a science research laboratory
- Challenge your bias and/or assumptions about how gender, seniority, and team dynamics can impact productivity and well-being at work
- Deepen your understanding of how to recognise and intervene in the face of overt and subtle forms of gender-based bias and discrimination
- Experience the challenges and the benefits of being an Active Bystander
NOTE: This theatre pieces contains a voluntary improvisation component. Time permitting, participants may choose to intervene on stage to act out an alternative approach to the behaviour observed.
A French version will be held in early 2024.